Monday, June 15, 2009

Choosing Your Path

One night when I was in college, I was walking home from work. It was late, dark, and snow blanketed the ground. As I passed through a virtually empty parking lot, my footsteps were the first to mar the pure white. For some reason, I was thinking about how tiny changes can completely alter where one ends up. I looked up ahead of me, trying to paint a firm picture in my mind of where I needed to go to get home. Then I closed my eyes. I walked for several paces, then took a look at where I was compared to where I ought to be. I was very far from my designated path. I hadn't been walking long, and there was nothing interfering with my finding a familiar way, except my eyes were closed.

Being where we are in life right now...let's just say, we wouldn't have brought ourselves here. But, recognizing that in the Larger Scheme of Things, our human eyes are pretty much closed already, we decided it would be best to be guided by the eyes that see all: those of our Father in Heaven. And, you know, even though I would have never, ever figured on being here, making plans for the kind of life my dear husband and I are planning to build, I feel so at home. I still have boxes to unpack. I still have flowerbeds to tame, old bills to pay, and mail to have forwarded, but I feel complete here. I know our family is where we are supposed to be right now. And that brings me comfort every day.

Thank you for being here as we start this new adventure. We are so excited to share with you our triumphs and toils. We love you all.

Let the games begin!

No comments: