Monday, April 22, 2013

Out comes another tooth!!

Right after B lost her last tooth, the second front tooth became loose. After Daddy pulled out her last one, she was a bit more aggressive with this tooth, where before she would do most anything to avoid putting any pressure on the wobbliness. ;) We were starting to eat dinner on Sunday April 7, and she said, "Woah, it felt like I was eating my tooth!" LOL. I figured it was a false alarm, because I thought if she actually lost, chomped, and swallowed the tooth, there would be a lot more fuss. I got up from the table to grab something and when I sat back down, I looked over at her and sure enough, her previous gap had doubled in size! I said, "Babe! What?! Did you actually swallow your tooth?" She looked at me in total shock. LOL. She didn't know it had really come out. I'll let her tell you about it.

 
She's pretty adorable, huh? ;)
 
Speaking of teeth, we are trying something new here at our house: tooth soap. By "we" I mean me. Haha. It's a bit harder to get the rest of the fam on board. I have been trying to go more natural in my personal and household cleansers and have been looking at tooth powders for a while. Most recipes just say "put in a jar and dip your tooth brush in before each use." Now, that just seemed gross to me.  I'd been pondering on how to make this not quite so yucky. Spice jar? Salt shaker? Nothing satisfactory presented until I found this recipe. I was excited.
 
 
I loved how she used the soap dispenser for the tooth soap! It's been great. It's simple to make and I have noticed how much cleaner my teeth feel and continue to feel throughout the day. Plus, my teeth are getting whiter!! How cool is that?! I've been using commercial whitening toothpaste for years now with no real visible results. This I've been using under two weeks and already, whiter. I've been impressed.
 
T has been worried about her teeth being yellowed, so I told her about this, with the caveat that she probably wouldn't like it, because it does taste a lot different from commercial paste, and the aftertaste is kind of unpleasant. (I don't even notice it now.) I gotta give the kid kudos; she tried it anyway. Afterward, she scooted down the hall to tell me how horrible it was. LOL. I held up my hands and said, "Hey, I warned you." She went back to her usual paste for I think a day, and has been using the tooth soap ever since. She told me "Mom, that stuff is awesome. My teeth really feel a lot better." Woah. If that's not an endorsement, I don't know what is.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Marisa, these are darling. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING!! I love the pictures and video of Bri and the tooth soap story about Taylor. Thanks for helping me feel connected across the miles. I must say it pulls on my heart to be so far away and missing so much. LOVE YOU SO MUCH.