Friday, October 23, 2009

Byron!...Tigers!...WE LIKE IT HOT!!

Late August or early September (fog-brain. So sorry) a flyer came home from school with T about an upcoming cheer clinic. Well, as per usual, when I asked her if she wanted to participate, I got shut down. I've been trying to decide at this point how hard to push on things. She's so shy, and I want to help her break out more, but I don't want to traumatize her either. I discussed it later with Sam. He said, "Let me talk to her."

Well, he got her to do it!

She did so great and had a lot of fun! Mainly I was just proud of her for being willing to do it. She made lots of friends and has her first Byron Tigers T-shirt, so she's official now! T has this adorable way that she smiles HUGE when she's super-nervous, so sometimes you don't know if she's really enjoying herself, or just scared senseless. I'm pretty sure it was the latter when we came to watch her perform after the morning clinic. But, by the time they performed at half-time at the game a week later, I'm thinking the smile was the real thing!

I'm still working on how to get the video loaded on here (video longer than 15 seconds, that is), so that will follow.

There's something so amazing about watching your child tackle something that's hard for them. Even if they fall on their face (which she totally didn't), just facing that fear...it's a rush for a parent. Watching her in this complete act of bravery made me impossibly proud.

Love you, T! You rock my world! More than U2! :)

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Can't wait to see Taylor debut video!!

Ginny said...

Way to go T! I am loving the blog entries, keep em coming!