Friday, October 23, 2009

Fwog

I'm posting these because it was one of those darling moments you just don't want to forget. Insignificant, really, but Just.So.Cute!!

One day, B and I were out picking beetles (yes, one of my favorite activities) and she spotted one of the many toads that live around here. "Mom! A fwog! Catch it!" So, I caught it for her, put it in her hand, it jumped and she yelped and dropped it. "Mom! My fwog! It got away!" So, I caught it for her again, put it back in her hand, and told her to hold it gently, but firmly. She held it for a while longer, then it squirmed away again. "Mom! My FWOG!" Well, you can see how this game could go on for a while. I said, "Baby, the frog needs to go home, I guess. Let him go home." "No, Mom! He's my fwog! Catch him for me!" I said, "You really want him, baby?" She said, "YES!" So, I said, "Well, go get him. Quick! Before he gets away!" You know what? She did!! So cute.

Here's B with her fwog.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

I love the fwog story. Thank you for taking the seemly insignificant and making it one of THEE most amazing blessings. I loved it. I could just picture it... what a doll face!!!

Suzanne Bjornn White said...

I can't believe how big they're both getting! They look so cute!