Sunday, September 6, 2009

Do Animals Go to Heaven?

This is a hard day for us.

This morning, when Sam went out to check the animals, he found Georgie laying on his side, rigid and frothing at the mouth.

We went right to work, trying to figure out what could be wrong. But, George was already giving up. We finally concluded he was in the final stages of tetanus, and there was nothing more we could do.








We brought the girls out to say goodbye, as he lay there, struggling to remember to breathe. Taylor asked me if animals go to heaven. This is yet another day, yet another way in which I am grateful for the knowledge of a benevolent Creator who is mindful of all He has made.

We will miss you, Georgie baby.

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Marisa,Sam, Taylor and Ambria... I am soooo sorry!!
Thanks for sharing the personal insights and always teaching your children correct principles.

Ris... thanks for sharing your amazing "writing" talent with us

Jen said...

I'm sorry about losing your sweet baby goat. Hard but essential lessons are being learned on your farm. I hope you have a good week.

Betty said...

I'm sorry about your pet goat. At our house we've been contemplating this question about animals going to heaven also. I'm reading a book by Susi Pittman called "Animals in Heaven? Catholics Want to Know!" to help me answer this question. It's a book for those who love animals and all things natural.